May 9, 2009

FLOW - second week : conversions







Concept : I was always interested in the relationship between music and image. That is like my ultimate theme. So with this "FLOW" project, I changed my mind and decided to make some sound based movie again. (what a breaking news)

I came up with sound wave(graph for decibel). While my former ideas(injecting blue ink and spraying blue water) were about material flow, sound wave is not material form. It is physical, but untouchable. Its about the high and low of decibel from music or any kind of sounds, so it has nothing to do with regular rhythm.
I'm not sure if sound wave is considered as a flow or not. This work is not based on existing material flow. The main concept is to CREATE a time flow. Amount will be converted to speed.

Method : The high and low of decibel will be applied as the moving speed of images. If its high (which means loud), then images will move fast. If its low, they slow down.There will be a standard between high and low decibels that matches with 100% speed of moving images so I can have not only faster movements but also slower moves.

It's not decided yet what kind of sound will be used. But I'm thinking of the song "The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails. And of course, few songs by my all time favorite band The Prodigy.

No comments: